Graduation Requirements and Participation in the Cap and Gown Ceremony: In order to participate in the Graduation Ceremony (Cap and Gown) a student must have received credit for all compulsory classes and have the minimum required credits determined by the Ministry of Education. A student who has not completed these requirements in June but will complete them in the following semester may elect to have their composite photo taken with this graduation class and attend Prom. If a student needs more than one semester to meet the graduation requirements it is more appropriate that they participate in next years graduation proceedings. Need to request an official transcript from the Ministry of Education? Click here: Sask Ministry of Education Transcript Requests
GRADUATION CEREMONY: The Graduation Ceremony and celebrations will be held on Thursday, June 27th, 2019. The ceremony starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. at the Turvey Centre. There is seating available for each graduate to bring a limited number guests. Each guest must have a ticket, there is no cost for the tickets. Graduates who will not be able to use all their allocated tickets are asked to return them to their PRIDE teacher, or to Ms. Thull for redistribution. There is no reserved seating, please contact the school ahead of time to accommodate mobility aids.
- The first row of seating will be left empty to allow for family or friends to take pictures of grads then return to their original seats. We ask that family photographers keep the centre aisle clear at all times.
- This is a very special occasion and conduct should be exemplary. Graduates should not have your phone on your person during the Graduation ceremony.
- On the day of the ceremony, arrive at 9:30 in your cap and gown. Wear the cap with the tassel on the right side, if necessary, use bobby pins to hold the cap in place. You may want to put your name in your cap if you'd like it returned to you after the cap toss at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- At 9:45 assemble in the alphabetically by PRIDE. And according to your PRIDE teacher. When you enter the Auditorium, remain standing in front of your seat until the entire graduating class is in place and the national anthem and honour song have been sung. Wait for the MC to ask you to be seated.
- For the presentation of diplomas grads will assemble in the music hallway before being announced by your PRIDE teacher. Honour Roll, Meritorious Awards and Extracurricular awards will be presented along with your Diploma. Cross the stage to receive your diploma and shake hands. Pause for photographs then leave the stage using the stairs and return directly to your seat.
- Please share information about awards and scholarships you are receiving with your PRIDE teacher, they may be mentioned at this time. For the presentation of other awards and scholarships grads may use the stairs at centre stage to receive their awards.
- At the conclusion of the Valedictorian Address, the MC will ask you all to stand and present you as the Graduating class of 2019. There will be a cap toss and as the music beings, please exit the auditorium in the reverse order that you entered. If you leave your cap behind, a teacher will return them to the lunchroom for you to pick up. It is yours to keep.
- Please return your gown to your homeroom teacher in the before you head home with your family.
Rehearsal for Cap and Gown Ceremony: Will be held at the Turvey Centre or in Martin’s Auditorium on Wednesday, June 26th at 1pm. It is important all grads attend. Cap and gowns are picked up at rehearsal.
Gown Pick Up: Gowns and V-stoles are rented, and will need be returned following the ceremony. The cap is yours to keep. Your homeroom teachers will be there to assist you pick up your gown at dress rehearsal.
Cap and Gown Photos: March 25th to the 28th 2019 at Martin in the Auditorium.Each student books their own appointment online, the link will be made available here. Visit: https://schedule.prestigeportraits.ca to book your appointment. More information will be distributed to students through PRIDE. All grade 12 students must sit for a cap and gown photo for the class composite. If you intend to order a grad photo package, then a sitting fee of $30.00 is due at the camera, make cheques payable to LifeTouch Canada. This includes proofs and a small composite. No fee is necessary if you are only having a photo taken for the yearbook and Graduation composite photo.
Valedictorian: In May Grade 12 students may nominate a student to give the Valedictorian address or they may apply directly to the Principal to give the address themselves. Students will be asked to consider the academic, extracurricular and leadership efforts that students have made at Martin Collegiate before they submit a choice for Valedictorian. Once all applications have been received the Grad Committee will select a Valedictorian. The Valedictorian Speech is delivered at the Cap and Gown Ceremony.
Prom: All students currently enrolled in Grade 12 classes at Martin Collegiate are eligible to attend and purchase tickets for the Senior Prom. All guests who are not Martin students will require approval by the Principal in order to attend. All school fees and textbooks must be returned before a student will receive Prom tickets. If anyone chooses to leave before 10 pm re-entry will not be granted.
There will be zero tolerance for the use of drugs or alcohol. In the past, parents and guardians have attended a portion of Prom (The Grand March) free of charge.
Financial Commitments: Please note that at this time these costs are approximated and may change as information becomes available. ** $30.00 cash or cheque made out to Lifetouch for Cap and Gown Photos in March $35.00 Gown rental fee will be collected in April. Grads get to keep the Grad Cap and tassle. $50.00 for Prom tickets. Each graduate is allowed one approved guest for Prom tickets. Requests and applications will be collected in early June. **Please don't let finances keep you from participating, contact the Main Office for financial assistance options.
**Yearbook Grad Quotes** Deadline is Tuesday, April 30! Complete the online form HERE
Contact: Please contact our main office at 306-523-3450 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Credit Counts and Graduation requirements discussed with PRIDE teacher
- Attend PRIDE and Grade level PRIDE Assemblies to stay informed
- Sit for Cap and Gown Class Composite Photo
- Consider applying or nominate someone to make the Valedictorian Address
- Order and pay rental fees for your grad gown Pay school fees
- Submit application for a Prom Guest and purchase Prom tickets Invite family and friends
- Attend and celebrate